Saturday, December 10, 2005

Okay, Now I'm Back

Maybe I wasn't really back the last time but I'll try harder. Diabetes strikes again and this time in the form of bedwetting. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. The pediatrician told us it might be psychological. The new CDE didn't have any course of action. My wife is tired of washing sheets and I need a good nights sleep. This leads to why I am back to posting. My blog buddy and fellow Type1 parent Sandra at A Shot in the Dark was able to offer some insight. Which brought to mind why I started this event anyway. Support, understanding, exchange of info., etc. I just wanted to make a public thank you and a promise to all the bloggers to do my part. As always be well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Glad you are back! How great it is to know there is support and understanding waiting for us but also how empowering it feels when you can help someone else. It is kind of refreshing being given some power when you feel D has taken it all away. Good Luck and we are here for ya.
Vivian

9:03 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Nice to see you. I plan to check back more in the future. Good luck with the bed wetting.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

The bedwetting was a problem just before my diagnosis, when I was six. All those nighttime highs and drinking all the water to satiate the thirst ... tough combination.

My mother bought a "pee alarm" that went off as soon as any moisture hit my underwear (connecting the two hubs, sounding an alarm). It was terrible. I don't recommend it. But it does make for a story my mother tells every new boyfriend I've ever had.

Go figure. :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

The book "Dry All Night" by Mack was very helpful for my son many years ago. I wish someone would create a video of visualizations for children to visualize what this book teaches.

We tried the "pee alarm" with my daughter, and the alarm woke everyone in the house but her.

Huggies Goodnights saved lots of sheet washing.

How are things going?

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home